If you’re reading this page it’s probably because you’ve got in touch with us. Please read this article before responding.
You’ve probably got in touch with us and said one of the below or something similar…:
- Can I have a quick chat?
- Can I get some advice?
- What are my chances of…
- What does <Something> mean?
- Is someone available for a chat?
- Can you give me advice on my case?
- Would you take a look at my paperwork and let me know…
- Can you assist me in my court case?
- I don’t want a meeting – just a 5 minute chat.
- Can I pick your brains?
Definitely – we can help! Quite possibly even today. It’s totally doable.
But we’re pretty busy. To the extent we have a system and people who work with us to let us focus on making sure our clients get the help they need. Without the people who do some of daily tasks for us we’d be sunk.
We average about 10 messages a day from people who `want a 5 minute chat’. Do the sums and it works out like this.
- Ten 5 minute chats a day – that’s 50 minutes per day.
- Or 250 minutes per week.
- Or about 1000 minutes a month – 17 hours (around 2 1/2 working days).
Mounts up doesn’t it? Would you be happy to work 2 1/2 days a month for free? Or give up a weekend a month to work for someone you’ve never met and don’t know?
As I said above…we’re pretty busy – we don’t have the time to get a lot of stuff we want to do. As well as our daily work we’re working on stuff in the background – improving what we do, generating free content – blogs, Facebook posts, videos, guides as well as committing to a worklife balance that doesn’t include answering the phone on Christmas Day, whilst on holiday or straight after surgery (we’ve done all three in the past…)
Where do we draw the line?
We could easily fill the day giving advice over the phone, reading large trial bundles or helping people with the personal stuff that they’re facing. But sadly we have rent, utility bills and other costs that need paying if we’re going to keep a roof over our heads.
And the reason people want our assistance isn’t because of sparkling personalities, witty repartee and amazing personal charisma but because we’ve got decades of experience working in the family law system. Decades of study, driving around the country to just about every family court in England and Wales, research and reading trial bundles big enough to beat someone to death with.
So…if you’re serious about having a chat about your situation – give us a call on 0117 290 0274. Speak to our PA and book an initial consultation.
Do this and the following happens you’ll:
- Be guaranteed a quick response from us.
- Have our undivided attention (and not people who want a `quick five minute chat…’
- Find us working around your schedule.
- Benefit from the systems we have in place to track your progress and situation.
If you don’t want to invest in your situation so you can benefit from the above – no problem!
We won’t be offended. Our time is valuable however – as we’re sure yours is too.
Over the last decade we’ve built up a reputation of getting to the heart of a problem fast by focusing on what needs doing and what works – rather than lamenting the situation in or how you see the legal system in England and Wales. People are keen to speak to us and we’re massively flattered.
So with all of the above in mind you have the following options:
- Phone us on 0117 290 0274 and book in for a meeting.
- Use the free resources we generate on various social media platforms.
- Speak to a McKenzie Friend who works for free.
- Do nothing.
What we do
If you do decide to invest in your situation however we’ll help you with the following:
- Complete any kind of paperwork you need help with.
- Go through any documents/bundles that need reading and understanding.
- Help you deal with any correspondence you have – both what it means and how to respond.
- Discuss what your options are throughout your case and tell you what is liable to work and what isn’t.
- Come to court with you.
- Make sure you know what is going on.
- Be with you to assist you during negotiations.
- Sit beside you in the hearing itself – to take notes, explain what is going on and tell you your options.
- Keep you focused.
- Make sure the order made matches what is said in court.
Imagine the above – along with us on hand to help you as little or as much as you need. Available during emergencies (as in `stuff that is happening right now) .
Maybe you need us every step of the way. Maybe you just need the odd meeting to see if what is happening in your situation is ok or not. It’s all good.
So that’s it. Maybe you need our help…maybe you don’t. If you do, our number is 0117 290 0274.